Thursday, July 23, 2009

This World Now

That world I saw when I was young
Was never meant to last
Infinities of time and space
Not true as time burns past

That world of kings and princesses
And castles midst the mead
Was home to all my truant days
The place my soul would feed

That world with doves and daffodils
Emblazoned in my mind
While all around me life devolved
Into a frenzied kind

This world pounces on its victims
This world lays its souls to waste
This world spends its time in shadows
This world has no couth or taste

This world preys on every addict
This world masquerades as sweet
This world leaves the righteous homeless
This world starves you in the street


This world racketeers and rapes

This world charges by the dream
This world ambushes the children
This world is too cold to redeem

No comments: